- Detailed individual technical coaching in rowing and coxing, tailored to each athlete's experience level - from complete novice to experienced racer.
- 10:1 athlete to coach ratio to ensure quality and individual attention.
- Intensive technical training in Navy's new indoor rowing tank and on ergometers (indoor rowing machines).
- Strength and cardiovascular training education.
- Performance enhancement and mental preparation training.
- Nutrition education for optimum athletic performance.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner will be served family style in the Naval Academy Dining Facility, King Hall.
- All athletes will receive a booklet of training lessons learned at the camp, a commemorative camp t-shirt and a group photo.
Typical Daily Schedule
Wake-up and jog to the boathouse
AM Rowing Session
Special Instruction (ergometers, rowing tanks, video review, strength training) and campus tour
Seminars on nutrition, mental training, physiology and college recruiting
PM Rowing Session
Evening Activities: creek racing, free swim, movie, and a visit to historic downtown Annapolis
At no additional cost, Navy Crew Camp transports campers to and from Baltimore/Washington International (BWI) Airport and BWI Amtrak Train Stations. We do not offer transport to any other airports. This service is only offered on Sunday, the day of check-in, and Thursday, the day of check-out. Please keep the following important things in mind, when making flight/train reservations:
- Flights must land at BWI on Sunday no later than 3:00 PM while trains must arrive at BWI Train Station no later than 3:20 PM.
- Campers will be picked up at the Observation Gallery of the BWI Airport (between B and C concourse) at 3:30 PM. The Observation Gallery is on the upper level of the airport next to the Subway sandwich shop and directly behind the American Airlines Counter. The meeting spot is outside security, so the campers can pick up their luggage at baggage claim and then head upstairs to the Observation Gallery.
- Campers arriving by train will be picked up directly in front of the small train station at 3:45 PM. Our staff will be riding along on the Navy Camp Bus and will be collecting campers at each stop.
- For return transportation, the camp bus will deliver campers on Thursday to BWI Airport at approximately 11:00 AM and to BWI Train Station at approximately 11:20 AM.
- Please arrange flight/train departure time on THURSDAY after 1:00 PM to ensure adequate transportation time from Navy.
- Please send us your travel arrangements, along with camper's cell number to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If flights or trains are delayed beyond a reasonable time frame, campers will need to take a taxi to the US Naval Academy (Gate 1 - Main Gate), where our staff will pick them up.